Here are 5 ways to simplify your life and kiss stress goodbye this year:
1. Less strife, more serenity
Unless you live in a bubble you have to bump along with a range of personalities every day. Conflict and animosity builds when there’s a clash of temperaments, beliefs or wills.
- Accept your differences – acknowledge your partner’s point of view.
- Sidestep unnecessary conflict – ignore your ‘pushy’ work colleague.
- Let go of unnecessary dogma – let the kids leave their rooms untidied – unless there are actually rats under the bed!
2. Less commitment, more control
Constantly saying yes and being the ‘go to’ person sounds like a strategy for less stress through appeasing others. Truth is, it will leave you feeling overwhelmed and swamped with commitments.
- Learn to stand firm and take back control of your time and energy – say ‘no’ to the next 5 people who ask too much of you.
- De-clutter your contacts of anyone out of touch for the last 3-6 months unless you have good reason – block or delete all those Facebook ‘friends’ you don’t really want to keep in contact with.
- Gently cut off from people who cause you stress, anxiety or discomfort – distance yourself from family who add stress, not happiness to your life.
3. Less possessions, more peace of mind
- Remove mental stress by eliminating duplication among your possessions – Give away or sell that second TV.
- Delete any digital memory unless it brings you joy – delete 80% of those photos and videos.
- Throw out anything that doesn’t fit or serve a purpose any longer – hand over those redundant clothes to a worthy cause.
4. Less consumption, more creativity
- Reaching for your wallet or purse may be a short term solution that leads to longer term problems – ask yourself if you really need that new TV?
- Strike the stress of spiraling debt from your shopping list – be creative and see how little you can spend this month.
- Diffuse the power of advertising – mute the sound and find a creative task to do while the commercials play.
5. Less competition, more contribution
- Decide your own version of success – a happily raised family, a more positive, healthy you.
Swap your competitive nature for your compassionate one – bring people together in your neighborhood or in your cyber world with a cause, club or blog.
Stop competing to be like everyone else – contribute to freedom of expression and speech by wearing what you like and saying what you feel.
Download their free cheat sheet: 5 Ways To Say No Without Offending Anyone (Even If You Hate Conflict)